The experienced know. It takes the best soils, grasses, breeding, a cold climate, farm-wide water systems working in tandem with fencing, healthy pastures, top equipment, the informed, ethical, professional client, great vendors and the most professional consultants, an efficient and quiet slaughter, a top flight cut room and dry aging, an inspired MANAGER, HERDSMAN & STAFF for a well-financed, well-managed, ethical livestock operation to reach potential and scale.
Lewis Family Farm seeks the experienced to get us there, to keep us there, to share in our future.
We are building a vital, small team with the following abilities:
- A farm manager/leader willing to learn; willing to train, with growth in mind.
- Herdsman (cattle & sheep), experienced in management-intensive grazing and animal science/herd health.
- Skill in care and use of farm machinery, plant and equipment.
We seek the farm family to grow our USDA-certified grass-fed, organic stock to serve our exacting clients (including FreshDirect and Deerfield Academy) and to develop and scale existing capabilities and grow.
See The Cow Whisperer on TEDx at The New York Times, with the CEO of FreshDirect: www.tinyurl.com/ky7m5fz
- Salary and bonus to match experience, proven ability, client satisfaction and results, respectively.
- Large, new, comfortable, family-friendly, WiFi-equipped residences on-site for manager and family, select staff.
- Fine nearby schools.
Interested parties only may contact Richard Brantley Ivey of Grayson Natural Farms
(http://graysonnatural.com) for a reference.
We require a resume, references and an essay.
Other contact information
Lewis Family Farm, Inc.
1212 Whallons Bay Road
Essex, New York 12936